Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Being scared

Source: http://www.santabanta.com/jokes.asp?catid=11798
I am scared
to go out in the night; lest I be molested

I am scared
to wear clothes I like; lest I be judged

I am scared
to talk to boys; lest rape be inspired

I am scared
to put on jewellery; lest I be robbed

I am scared
to walk alone on streets; lest I be eve teased

I am scared
to voice my opinion; lest my father/brother/husband be damned

I am scared
to deny dowry; lest I be burned

I am scared
to compete; lest I be suppressed

I am scared
to give my opinion; lest I be jailed

2 comments:

  1. As life goes on....you will notice many more that would fall in this list...keep the list open Arpi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray fervently that the list ends here. How painful it would be to witness events adding up to this list!

      Delete